Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life as a pregnant chick :P

  I just turned 24, and yes I know that is young to be starting a family already, some would say, but hey, we are married and excited to meet our first little bundle of joy! 
When I saw those two pink lines on 4/14/2012, my whole body began to shake as I tried to dial my husband's phone number to tell him the news.  I just couldn't wait, I had to tell him right then. 
Since we've known about our little "peanut", life has been interesting.  He/she is the first thing on my mind in the morning as I dutifully take my prenatal vitamin, and the last thing on my mind as we are crawling into bed.  Well, truth be told, he/she has been on my mind pretty much non-stop since we found out about them!!  My nervousness has diminished a lot, and my excitement has taken over.  When I see how excited Joe is about becoming a father, it fills me with such happiness that I cannot begin to describe. 
  When our news was well, new, I had such fears about not being able to be the mother this little one needs and deserves.  To tell the truth, that still scares me a bit.  I have no idea what to expect and how we'll handle it, but I know we will be able to.  We're a strong team, Joe & I, and we'll only get stronger as time goes on.
   As any newly expectant mother, I of course purchased the infamous book - "What to expect when you're expecting".  It's quite informative, and a lot of the information I already had an idea of what to expect from the times I have researched the subject (even before I became pregnant).  However, until you actually are, those symptoms don't really mean anything to you.  This may all be a bit TMI but I don't care, this is my blog, and you don't have to read it if you don't want to; but when they are talking about the soreness of your "ladies", they mean you will be SO SORE that if anything even looks like it's going to touch them you shy away from it as quickly as possible, ESPECIALLY when you take off the 'over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder'!  Also, it says for the first few weeks in early pregnancy, you will have menstrual-like cramping going on.  No problem right? Wrong.  When these cramps hit you, they are often so horrible that you freak out (as I have many times already) and start worrying yourself sick about "is little peanut okay in there??", and you run to the bathroom to make sure you see nothing RED, then call your doctor just to ease your mind about everything.  As Joe says it: "Don't be worried, Peanut's just restless.", I love him lol. 
I've noticed the last couple of days, I've been much less crampy and feeling more normal.  So normal in fact, that I don't really feel pregnant, or at times I kind of forget that I am, but I am sure that Peanut's still in there, he/she's just settled down and has made itself at home.  After all, they've got 8 more months to go before they will be here, so it might as well get comfortable!  Don't get me wrong, I still get uncomfortable at times, and that's sort of nice, because it reminds me that I am indeed starting out on a new path in my life, but I am very thankful it's not been as bad as when I first found out. 
   So everyone knows that when you are pregnant, you pee a lot, but not everyone realizes that that actually starts off right away, and not just when you are further along.  Trust me!! I've been running to the bathroom about every thirty minutes to an hour for the last couple of days!  I'm sure that will get annoying soon, but for right now it's not that bad. 
   Overall, SO FAR, I am enjoying being pregnant and dreaming of what our kid's going to look like, act like, and how motherhood will be.  That may, and probably will change the further down the road I get but for now there's only pure excitement for the future!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you've started a blog!!!!! You're officially on my reading list, so I'll see your new posts as soon as I log in every day. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Wow thanks, I wasn't sure if anyone was actually going to read my blog or not. :) I'll keep posting for sure!

    ReplyDelete