Friday, April 27, 2012

Nerves, Evening Sickness, and Dealing with Jerks.


4/25/2012-Thursday  
 Well as I stated in my first blog, I am still nervous about becoming a mother.  Today was a long day and that twinge of fear reared it's ugly head again.  While I'm stoked about our first kid coming, I am terrified at the same time because I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm sure the "motherly instinct" will kick in once Peanut is actually here, but as of right now....AAAAAHHHHH!!!! *runs away screaming*
    These feelings come and go from time to time, and something reminds me of how amazing it will be to have a miniature version of Joe and myself and I get excited again.  I'm sure every new mom-to-be goes through these feelings so I'll be okay, right?
    Anywho!  While I am trying to get over my anxious feelings, I have noticed that I usually do not get morning sickness, I know, 'yay' right?  Wrong.  I get evening sickness.  I feel like I'm on my death bed most nights....it's not fun.  But!, I can say I have yet to actually barf, yay! Haha. 
    Next Wednesday is our first sonogram and doctor appointment, I am beyond excited!!!  I hope my nervousness will go away when I see him/her for the first time. 

4/26/2012-Friday
Today I didn't get to eat breakfast so I wasn't feeling too good, therefore I was not a very "perky" person this morning.  One of our more annoying customers came in, and like usual he tells me I need to smile and look happy.  For those of you who know me, know that this is one of the quickest  ways to really piss me off.  So being the person I am, I immediately get annoyed with this guy as I tell him I'm not feeling well.  He asks what that has to do with me not smiling and I'm thinking in the back of my head, uh, duh, normal people don't usually smile and are happy if they don't feel good.  Then he proceeds to say, "Let me ask you something.  Are you tired when you go home every day?"  to which I of course answered, "Yes."  Then he asked me if I knew why, and I told him yeah, because I'm pregnant.  He had the nerve to say that wasn't the reason I'm tired every day after work.  His theory was that since I am ALWAYS frowning, that that is actually why I'm tired.  HUH????  I don't understand....?  I told him that I was pretty sure it was because I'm pregnant, to which he replied, "why don't you just call in like the rest of them?".  Well, duh!  I can't afford to call in, I just told you I'm having a baby!!!  Sheesh!  THEN! He had to balls to say to me, wait for it,...."IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO HAVE A BABY, YOU CAN AFFORD TO CALL IN."  Excuse me???  In what twisted world does that make sense?  First of all, I'm a cashier at Lowes! What makes you think I can afford to have a baby AND call in whenever I feel a little sick??  And secondly, how freakin' rude!!!  You don't talk to perfect strangers like this.  You just don't.  The last time this guy came in he basically said I am a grump and need to be happier because life is too short to not be happy.  Yeah, yeah, I get it! You think you're better than me because I'm not perpetually happy, so sue me!! 
  When the guy finished shopping and came back to my register to check out, I really didn't want to hear more from him about how grumpy I was being so I just began ringing up his items, not making eye contact or saying anything.  He began chatting with me like we were old friends.  He asked if this was my first child, and if I was worried about becoming a mother, and then I just mumbled an answer, he told me not to worry because in HIS experience, you know what to do what the kid actually gets here.  Um, how many times SIR have you been pregnant and given birth???  Anywho, so when I gave him his receipt, he said he didn't want to upset me, which I replied "too late.", and he stood there saying different things to try and get me to smile so I started laughing at him.  Apparently this is my response to dicks I really want to insult, but know I can't for obvious reasons.  I blandly told him to have a good day and looked away.  He said he didn't want to leave with me upset with him and I was thinking, I don't care just go away.  Then when he saw me laughing at him he said I look better with a smile on my face, and then asked, "You're still going to be upset with me after I leave aren't you?".  I just flatly said, "Yup! Now have a nice day."

Omg! Some people have such nerve!!  Why do you want to be such an ass to someone you don't even know?  What if someone I love had recently died and THAT'S why I wasn't smiling and happy like he wanted me to be??  I just don't understand some people. 

Anywho, that was the last couple of days for me. Thank God it's Friday and I'm off for the next 2 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment